The Independence Economic Development Council is currently seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Support Specialist in our business incubator known as the Ennovation Center. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, a self-starter and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- General office management.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Maintain organization’s records and filing system.
- Handling inbound calls and requests for information.
- Assistance with event planning and management.
- Ability to assemble information from various sources and put into presentation form.
- Member database management
- Assist with client issues
- General correspondence
- All other duties as assigned
Necessary skills required
- General keyboarding skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Able to work and interact well with people.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- High school degree; additional qualifications as an administrative assistant will be a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
Hours, Salary and Benefits
The position will require 32 hours per week and offers flexible hours during an 8 to 5 business day (Monday thru Friday). There will be a few set meetings and events that will be pre-scheduled and may occasionally be prior to 8 am or after 5 pm.
Eligibility for end of year bonus based on job performance.
Benefits: Paid time off of 60 hours per year and 11 paid holidays.
Employer makes contribution of 8% of salary into employee pension plan which is vested day 1.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour based on experience